Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
March Greetings
Judith L London, PhD posted:
Hi Everyone,

Sorry that I've been a little late with replies but I've just finished a round of cataract surgery which so far has been a miracle. My distance eyesight is perfect and the world looks brighter. If only there was such a magical treatment for Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

Spring will soon be here,
Judy

cjh1203 responded:
Hello Judy,

I'm glad your cataract surgery has been such a big success! You seem so young to be having trouble with cataracts.

My mom had cataract surgery several years ago. She had always complained about how dim the kitchen was and was planning to have more recessed lighting installed. She couldn't figure out why nobody else thought it was too dark. Then she had her cataracts removed and she couldn't believe how bright it actually was!

It's nice to see you here again, and I'm glad your new, improved eyes have made your world brighter!

Carol

2010guardian responded:
Hi Judy,
Yes, I know about the transformation in eye sight. I seem to always be fighting for better eyesight. The latest is double vision in my left eye. I need special glasses to drive.

Yesterday, Wednesday, 13th, I attended my first support group meeting. There were 4 of us plus the leader and one person couldn't come. Our loved ones all have AD. It felt so good to help others with information. I told them about Medic alert. One young woman who has cancer, is caring for her mother who has not been diagnosed yet. I told her what peace of mind Medic alert gave me when I was away from my husband. Also I shared about how to carry a list of medicines and doctors info. I felt so good after the meeting and told them that the support groups I've been in, have ended with hugs. That really went over well.

Ken continues to do well. I am so thankful for that.
Enjoy the Spring. I've been looking forword to it.

Kathy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.