Skip to content
looking for an article for the degrees of alzheimer`s
69lemans posted:
hi ! trying to find an article that would give me something to guage alzheimers,,, mild, moderate, severe. my girlfriend`s mom is what i would consider severe,,i.e. she has to be put on the tiolet and told to go, she has to be wiped after she`s done because she just doesn`t know or remember how to, needs to be fed and given liquid, needs to be given her medication, bathed. this past easter she sat in her wheelchair all day just mumbling non stop. an average joe is typing this.

2010guardian responded:
Hi 69lemans, It's been 3 months since you posted. If you haven't found your answer yet, go to alz.org on the home page click on Alzheimers & Dementia and you will see the 7 stages listed.

It is so sad to see a loved one be so helpless. So sorry that she is suffering so much.

Kathy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.