Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Contact Person in case of Emergency on Doctors forms
2010guardian posted:
Today the Dermatologist's nurse called to speak to my husband who has AD about the report of possible cancer. I said, "you can speak to him, but you need to talk to me also." She said your name is not on the list of contacts. I told her I filled in the form. She stated that I did not put my name in the place for "contact in case of emergency." She spoke to my husband and he asked her to talk to me and she wouldn't do it.

Very frustrating but a good lesson to make sure spouse, caregiver, or whoever are named as the 'emergency contact'.

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Thanks for the reminder. You should be the main contact for everything regarding his medical, financial, etc care.

Hope your managing OK,
Judy

2010guardian replied to Judith L London, PhD's response:
Yes, Judy, It really is overwhelming at times. The biggest problem I have has remembering his evening time medicine.
If we eat out or don't eat at the table, I'm liable to forget to give him his meds.

Other things, such as appointments, I keep written down.

Kathy

Judith L London, PhD replied to 2010guardian's response:
You have so many things to keep track of! In your wallet by your cash or credit card, think about placing a note on a small card that you can re-use reminding you to give him his medicine.

Hope that helps,
Judy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.