Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Hello Everyone.
davedsel posted:
I decided to return to the WebMD communities. Long-time member using 'davedsel57' as my screen name.

My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in January 2011. He did well in different assisted living facilities until this January 2013. He digressed rather quickly to the point where he was beyond what the assisted living facility was licensed to handle. I decided to have him tested in March and he scored as needing skilled nursing. Last Thursday, 5/2/2013, we moved him to a federal VA nursing home in our state. He handled the move rather well and is doing fine. They are taking excellent care of him and giving him all he needs.

Hope you are all doing OK.

cjh1203 responded:
Hi Dave,

It's great to see you back! I've missed you and it was a nice surprise to see your post just now.

I'm so glad your father handled the move well. He seems to have done that with every move, which is unusual and fortunate.

Take care. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Carol

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Hi Dave,

Great to have you back. It's amazing how well people adjust despite our fears to the contrary.

So glad he's doing well there,
Judy

2010guardian responded:
Hi Dave, I was disappointed when you left the AD Community. I've been away for a while too. It must have been hard for you to have gone to a different facility for your Dad. I have considered VA help also, I think we are a long ways from that though.

You have done an excellent job taking care of him. I hope this Father's Day will be a special time for both of you.

Kathy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.