Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Alzheimer is uncontrollable disease
healthgeenie posted:
Alzheimer's disease can be possible if you have a close relative who have this too- I read it in google specifically at 'nun study treatment.' That's why you must know earlier about the prevention so that you may able to put off from suffering this; because they said that you will likely having Alzheimer's too as twice to possibly develop it. Do you know that family and ages are out of everybody's control? Once has it, the Alzheimer will eat some part of your brain to make you forget things even the arithmetic and places too. Well, evidence recommends that healthy diet and exercise can diminish Alzheimer's risk.

davedsel responded:
Hello.

I must point out that while getting Alzheimer's Disease is not preventable, the progress and affects of this disease can be slowed.

Please read through this excellent article: http://healthyliving.msn.com/diseases/alzheimers-disease/how-to-slow-the-progress-of-alzheimers-disease-1

Research is continuing and advances are being made in prevention, treatment and even a possible cure.

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Probability studies are varied. It is wise to treat you body and your mind with respect to maintain your quality of life today. this means eating lots of fruits, vegetables, preferably dark in color, and even some coffee, which has been correlated with a delay of onset.

Correlations, or related events, do not mean that one thing causes or prevents another. And, other studies show correlations between being active in several areas or activities a week can delay Alzheimer's.

Physical exercise still is the number one action we can take to stave it off. Research in Alzheimer's is moving ahead, and if we can keep ourselves as healthy as possible for as long as possible, we will benefit from new treatments which may arrest the progression of this disease.

So, choose to stay healthy!
Judy

micah24 responded:
Wow. Alzheimer's sure is scary. I might check my family tree now and see if someone have already had this illness. How can someone forget their lifestyle before? I read at the ' nun study treatment ' that being depress may cause you too to have an alzheimer's. this illness is critical. That there is no way it can be treated. So I think the saying prevention is better than cure is applied her We must check our lifestyle too if we are living in a healthy one. I hope in the near future they could discover a cure for this one.

davedsel replied to micah24's response:
Hello micah24 and welcome.

There are many factors that contribute to Dementia and Alzheimer's. My father has had post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) since being in the Korean war. He experienced depression as a result for many years. There are also studies that say type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer's are related.

Research is continuing and successful treatments to slow the progress of the disease are being discovered. A good resource for you would be the Alzhiemer's Association website here:http://www.alz.org/
Yes, do your own research especially if you have a family history that could contribute to your risk factors.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.