Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Beautiful June
2010guardian posted:
Hello Everyone. I've been negligent in checking in. Things have been going well for me and Ken. He is really enjoying yard work, riding mower, using weedeater, and he wanted a lightweight leaf blower so we found a Black and Decker very lightweight blower and he really likes carrying it around and blowing our the 2 garages, driveway, sidewalk and patio. He feels he is really accomplishing something and is a happier man. Then he saw a commercial with an edger with wheels.and he wanted one. We have an edger with the weekeater, but he has trouble with it. He's like a kid with new toys. You know he must feel more self-worth. I beaded on a loom a hatband for his Stetson. He is so proud of it.

He continues to have trouble with his legs and cramps. He can hardly walk at times, but his mind is pretty good most of the time.

Thanks for all your encouragement.

Kathy

cjh1203 responded:
Hi Kathy,

It's good to hear from you and especially good to hear that Ken is doing so well. It sounds like you're doing some wonderful things to give him purpose in his life and keep him engaged. And it must be nice to have the yard and garage looking good all the time!

Has Ken tried CoQ10 for his leg problems? I think that helps some people. My husband has been bothered for several years with leg cramps at night, and I bought him some Hyland's Leg Cramps at the drugstore -- it really helped him a lot.

Hope you can stay in touch!

Carol

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Kathy,
It great that you are letting him do what he still can do. As for the leg cramps, check with your doctor to see if a magnesium supplement might help. Also, check to see if any of his medications have leg cramps as a side effect.

So glad that you enjoy his accomplishments,
Judy

davedsel responded:
Hello, everyone.

As with this whole year, June is just rushing past.

Kathy, I am glad to see your husband doing well.

My dad is doing very well in the VA nursing home. He definitely needs this level of care now and they are providing excellent care for him. This past Monday was his 83rd birthday. I reserved a small lounge room in his wing and my wife and I took him pizza and an ice cream cake. We had birthday hats and noise makers and celebrated. He was thrilled.

Have a blessed rest of June, folks.

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.