Skip to content
November is really here! Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Judith L London, PhD posted:
Hi Everyone,

I finally can report we have finished moving - now it's about how to find a place for the contents of all those cartons! Downsizing is some chore.

My new book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes will be available on amazon.com by November 20th. Reading the stories in the book is like attending a support group meeting - I hope you find it comforting.

Meanwhile, Thanksgiving will soon be here. If you can involve your loved ones by just talking about the holiday, and asking about how
they feel about it, you may hear a response that will make Thanksgiving more meaningful for you.

Have a good one,
Judy

cjh1203 responded:
Hello Judy-

The house I live in now, which I moved into 13 years ago, is much smaller than my previous house. I gave away so much stuff before moving here and was shocked to see that I still had way more than I could ever get into the house. I gave away SO much more stuff, and I've never missed any of it. I still weed out things every few weeks and even have some empty drawers and cabinets now -- a great feeling.

I hope that you will be able to get all unpacked and settled in soon. I always knew that a new place had started feeling like home when I could walk around at night without turning on lights (not such a good idea, though, now that I'm getting older).

Even though we don't currently have an Alzheimer's -- or any kind of -- patient in our family, I will look for your book. I know so many people who are caring for family members, and it could be a big help to them.

Best of luck in your new home.

Carol

davedsel replied to cjh1203's response:
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Alzheimer Awareness Week- Nurture IndependenceExpert
Today, July 12th, ends Alzheimer Awareness Week and it was more than coincidental that it coincided with July 4th, Independence Day. ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.