Skip to content
Judith L London, PhD posted:
Happy New Year!
Apologies for lagging behind in sending you greetings - I still have cartons to unpack! Hope you had a good holiday despite the burden of having a loved one with Alzheimer's or another dementia. Do feel free to write in - someone will respond - and I will, too.

Remember to take good care of yourself, too,
Judy

davedsel2 responded:
Happy New Year, everyone!!

My dad is continuing to do well in the VA nursing home. His Alzheimer's is advancing as expected but he is getting excellent care.

My wife, two young adult sons, and I had a wonderful holiday season. I hope you all did too.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

cjh1203 responded:
Happy New Year to all!

Judy, I feel for you, still having boxes to unpack. I hope you get settled in soon, and that your new place will start to feel like home.

Dave, I'm glad your dad is doing well. Do you get to see him fairly often?

It's good to hear that your family had such a nice holiday. My family and I did, too. I'm always so sorry when it's over for another year. One thing you can count on, though, is that the holiday season will be looming again before we know it!

Carol

davedsel2 replied to cjh1203's response:
Hi, Carol.

We make an effort to see my dad at least once per month. It is an hour drive each way and a bit difficult as both my wonderful wife and I are disabled with serious spinal injuries. My dad no longer has a true sense of time passing, and to him we either have just visited him or not been there for years.

I am glad you and your family had a good holiday season as well.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.