Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Alzheimers and Vit E
fibroinsd posted:
anyone have any good information on the effect of Vit E on Alzheimers? And if so...how much E? Any problems with giving high amounts of E?

cece

cjh1203 responded:
Hello, Fibroinsd.

I don't think there's consensus about the effect of Vitamin E on Alzheimer's, but there seems to be some indication that it can help. About halfway down this page from alz.org, there is a brief discussion of Vitamin E. If you google Vitamin E, there's a lot more information. I read something not to long ago about the a recent study showing some risk from high doses of Vitamin E, but am not able to find it right now.

Vitamin D seems to play an important part in Alzheimer's. If the patient's levels are low, more Vitamin D can sometimes make a noticeable difference.

Best wishes,
Carol

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.