Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
For awhile my mom
brownsugganj70 posted:
Has been acting weird she has had a fewfalls the past the worse I keep asking her can she see out her right she is closes it always she says yes.My father had this diease.She changes her mind from one mintue to the next.The part that hurts is she is always saying she doesn,t want to be a problem to any of her children.I have learned not to argue with her you can,t win.I try to talk postive to her.Sometimes I honestly don"t know what to say.SHE HAS GOOD DAYS AND BAD.lATELY SHE DOESN,T WANT TO DO THINGS i KNOW SHE ENJOYS.

davedsel2 responded:
Hello.

The best thing you can do is have your mother examined by her doctor. Explain all the symptoms you are observing and let the doctor diagnose the cause.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Judith L London, PhD responded:
I ditto what Dave says. Always rule out physical causes before moving ahead. The can be lots of reasons for her behavior.

Hope you get some answers,
Judy

brownsugganj70 replied to davedsel2's response:
Hello thank you
so much Dave.Blessings

brownsugganj70 replied to Judith L London, PhD's response:
Hello
thank you as well Dr.London

brownsugganj70 responded:
I thank the people that replied
to my post.I have reconnected with a support group.The hardest part for me is the fact my father had this disease and he was confused.But my mother is mean and I know she knows something is happening to her as well.I think also since I am a female it's worse to see someone who cared for you and now the roles have turned.But with the help of my Father above and this group and the one I have reconnected with I know it will be ok.Not easy but ok.

cjh1203 replied to brownsugganj70's response:
I'm glad you're getting the help of a support group. It can make you feel less alone as you go through this awful journey.

Alzheimer's very often does change people's personalities, and I think that's the hardest part of the whole disease. It can steal away the person you've always known and loved, and leave a completely different one in his/her place.

I hope you'll continue to let us know how you and your mom are doing.

Best wishes-
Carol

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.