Skip to content
47 year old daughter of an earlier onset Alzheimer's dx Mother
tanyajohn posted:
I love my Mother very very much and would do anything for her. The physician's told me that there was NO way I could care for her at home even if I quit my full time job. I am the middle child and Power of Attorney. The decision to place her in an Alzheimer's unit (locked down) was one of the very hardest things I have ever done but I realize now 2.5 yrs later, the docs were right. I couldn't have given her what she needed. Although she is a distance away from I visit every weeked and try to engage her but She is past that point. She know longer knows me, can't communicate, is incontinent, sleeps a lot, and now she is having trouble with swallowing so we now aspiration concerns. She also has trouble walking. Even though all of this is going on with her - it also goes on with me. I feel her troubles, and wish very much If I knew what she was thinking. Could I make things better for her? My brother nor sister visits much. My brother has only seen her 2 times in the last 3 yrs. But I can not worry about my siblings, I have our Mother to love on, try to take care of and do the little things I can for her, still not knowing if anything I do matters for her, but it matters to me. Now, I am exhibiting memory deficits and having nightmares regarding my being diagnosed. How can I keep myself together in order to continue my deligence toward Mom??

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.