Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hit my head.
rach131921 posted:
I have anxiety attacks and i can not tell if i am only having anxiety or need t go to er right now. I was bending down to make my bed and my dog plowed into my head with his head. It made my teeth hit together and hurt so badly. I instantly had knot on my head. I felt dizzy at first. NOw I have been crying and so i cant tell if i actually have double vision. I came to the internet to reassure myself that people bump there heads all the time, only to find that recently people have died after hitting there head etc. ...... so i am freaking out and no one understands. My head hurts so bad... all i want is to go to sleep, but am afraid to do so...and i do not want to take tylenol in case i have a blood clot in my head. I felt like my brain jolted against my skull when he hit me. i dont want to go to the hospital if it is no big deal and feel dumb, but i am afraid to igniore it if it is serious. I am not throwqing up, I did not pass out.

Alittlenutty1127 responded:
Rach, If you are seriously worried about your health you should make the trip to the ER. Yet, what you said is right, people do get bumps on the head all the time and are perfectly fine. Worrying yourself isn't going to make you feel any better though. Try relaxing in a quiet room and use an ice pack for the pain. But, if you are unsure seek medical attention. It doesn't hurt to be positively sure that your okay.

Claire89 responded:
Oh my goodness....that hurts.

I'm so sorry you got hurt. You are frightened by how much you are hurting so why not go to the ER? There's absolutely nothing dumb about wanting to get your injury examined Rach.

- Claire

rach131921 responded:
thanks claire and littlenutty. I have calmed down. My head hurst pretty bad, and my eyeballs hurt from crying. Also my ego is shattered from haing sucha full blown dramatic panic attack. I have to work tomorrow. So I will be heading off to bed ice pack on my head. I am still a little nervous, but assume i would be presenting with severe symprtoms if something was really bad in my head. so good night.

Claire89 responded:
How are you feeling today Rachel? - Claire

rach131921 responded:
Claire- I feel better today! well at least that worry is away. My head is a bit tender still, but i no longer believe that i have a sneak attack deathly concussion. It is so hard to have never ending anxiety. The psychiatrist told me I had situational anxiety, and that i would not have to take meds forever. I no longer do take the meds, and in general can function. However I do struggle daily with minimal anxiety, like getting ready for work..or when i first get to work. Also I have severe attacks during situations like bumping my head. My friends and family are some what supportive. But they do laugh at me playfully and call me a hypchondriac at times. Todays issue is emotional. I had a friend all growing up 10+ years. the past five years we have not been friends. Occassionally every few months we talk through an internet site. I recently wrote her asking what was going on in her life and telling her about mine and she was upset that I had waited so long. She then basically said she saw no point in us continuing to talk. I responded that this made me hurt and angry, clarifying that although our lives had changed i was happy to converse through email every few months rather than nothing. She responded by deleting me from her friends list in that site. This seems childish, but it certainly got her point across. My fiance is still good friends with and spends time with her husband. Previosuly it had been a little uncomfortable that they hung out and we did not, but at least we spoke through email and were not on negative terms. I have spent the last night and day praying over this and wondering what if anything to do. I attempted to hand it over and let it go through prayer, yet here i am obsessing. I have had problems with abandonment etc in my past, so i take things like this hard....and guess what??? I get anxious thinking about them!!! can you imagine that me anxious???? well thanks for letting me vent. do you have any words from the wise???? rach

Claire89 responded:
I'm glad your head is feeling better.

"...used to be friends..." after being friends for over ten years is a state of distance. You don't like to be abandoned. Perhaps like you, she doesn't like being abandoned.

- Claire

mrzangel007 responded:
Hello...I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and story with us. I am only 24 and have been dealing with anxiety since I was in my teens. It first started with the doctors not knowing what was wrong with me and then I had an MRI. The MRI gave me an intense panic attack that made me feel that I was in a casket. During that time, I was dealing with the possible death of a loved one that later passed away. I have abandonment issues as well and just had comfort knowing that there are people just like me out there. Whenever I get injuries or bang my head, I always panic and have a total fear of death. However, I am working on it. I need to keep my mind occupied and have fun with my life. I really hope that people have a better understanding of anxiety and that sometimes it is something more than attempting to 'turn off' those negative things in a person's head. I went to visit a doctor that felt no bump on my head and that I was just tender and hit a nerve that was adding a tingling sensation on my face where I was hit on the head on the same side. There is something that must be done to overcome those horrible thoughts when someone is going through those initial irrational thoughts. It is embarrassing to feel what I feel but I am learning how to deal with them. Though nothing is wrong with me, I still have an ice pack on my head to make me feel better. Why do these thoughts control us? Please keep writing, your thoughts comfort me. - Angel

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.