Skip to content
paxil vs lexapro
coko26 posted:
I been on lexapro for anxiety and it was not working and now my doctor is thinking about putting me on paxil since it is working good for mom.What the difference between the two?

MultiTasker responded:
It's a good idea to ask your doctor all of your questions about medications before deciding to start treatment with them. Your doctor can tell you why Paxil might work whereas Lexapro wasn't working.

Paxil: www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-32900-Paxil+CR+Oral.aspx?drugid=32900&drugname=Paxil+CR+Oral

Lexapro: www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-63990-Lexapro+Oral.aspx?drugid=63990&drugname=Lexapro+Oral

These 2 links are to the "Find a Drug" in the Drugs & Supplements drop-down box in the bluel bar at the top of the page. It's a nice resource

I hope you feel better.

coko26 responded:
Thank you.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Merry Christmas!
Hello All: Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!!!! 2013, is our year of Healing. Lets claim it!!! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.