Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Skin crawling sensations and twitch
anxietypro posted:
I have had anxiety since I was 14. I am now 32. Symptoms have come and gone over time, but are always present to some degree. Recently I have been through a very hard time with a divorce and many other things. I am getting sensations especially in face and legs like bugs crawling or walking through spider webs. I also have been experiencing a lot of muscle twitching. I have had all the neurological work ups and nothing seems to come up. Does anyone know if this can be caused by stress/anxiety?

p.s. I have 5 herniated disks in cervical, but doctors are telling me this is not the cause.

ozarknan responded:
I don't know it this is what you are experiencing, but if I am having severe anxiety, my forearms feel tingly and prickly. My doctor thought this might be due to hyper ventilating.

Molly824 responded:
A few years ago, I would have spider web sensations on my face. I would always have to brush my face to make sure I didn't have spider webs on my face because that is exactly what it felt like. Then I went through a few years when I had tingling in my nose, toes and fingertips. Dr's thought it might be a form of migraine. Then I had a phase when I had a strange buzzing or tingling patch on my left shoulder blade. It was very irritating! They checked me for MS. Now I get a pinching and weird nerve sensation in my chest above my heart and down my left shoulder. Anyway, I think when all is said and done it is just anxiety doing weird things to me. For some reason, my nerves just react in unpredictable and strange ways. Tests haven't come up with anything, which is good, but very frustrating to have weird sensations that no one can put a finger on. It makes me feel really stupid, but feeling that way doesn't change the fact that it happens.

Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.