Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
I feel like i'm going crazy
Meinlvr25 posted:
So I was just wondering if anyone else ever feels like they think they have something other then anxiety or panic attacks!! Sometimes I often think that I have something more wrong with me like my body actually feels weird, I was just wondering if this was part of anxiety/ panic, I just sometimes get sooooo over whelmed that I think my body actually does go through some short of weird state and it's making itself think there is something more wrong?! Like how when you have a panic attack and you fell like you can't breath even though you can.........i just get werid twitches all over my body and sometimes my muscles hurt cause i get sooo tense mostly in my arms and neck............which has lead me to think i have MS?? I just want to know that i'm not crazy, and it's all in my head!! Please help i need someone to asure me that i'm okay, if anyone has related problems let me know?!

skyblueforever responded:
Hi there, You are not alone...I constantly feel that there is something wrong with my body. For the past months, I have worrying thoughts and panic attacks. Sometimes they are controllable and sometimes not. My neck is always tense and causes me to have tension headache. I try to feel comfortable around people..but I cannot. I constantly feel this very weird feeling that there is something wrong with my body(shoulders, back,etcs) Perhaps it my own self consciousness. Oh maybe something else. I constantly twitch due to the neck pain...but try not to twitch around people. Or, they might think I'm crazy. I think my symptoms has gotten worse. I work in a place where I deal with people everyday. I work in the customer service area...I feel I can't breath all the time. I feel suffocated. Anyhow, thanks for sharing. I hope you feel better soon!

Kayla83702 responded:
I feel the same way, it started about two months ago i have panic attacks and constantly think that there is something wrong with me. Not only do i feel like im going crazy i get weird tension at the base of my skull. On top of it all i feel like im becoming a hypocontriac. So I think there is something wrong with my body like i have cancer, or that im dying, etc. You are definatly not alone, i just want to know what is causing it

shellycat38 responded:
I have the same feelings several times a day. I feel like my entire body is not controlled by me. I want to scream. My anxiety and/or panic attacks has occured more frequently and becoming very disruptive. If you have a some useful tips on how you deal with this please let me know.

caro_tafur responded:
ok so i just wanted to tell you that you are not alone . I am 20 years old and currently living with anxiety disorder and panic attacks . My mother happens to be a doctor so it helps me out a lot . Sometimes my anxiety gets soo bad i feel like the only solution is death . I often feel like im going crazy and i have irrational thoughts,i feel like my body doesn't belong to me , my chest hurts , i constantly fear death and many other things, its all natural its the anxiety talking . Meds are not the solution they are just there to help you control the feeling of being worried at all times ,but the meds arent really fixing the cause of the anxiety ; talking to ppl that go through the same or reading blogs like these help me understand it all better , i feel like i am not the only one and it really helps . Exercise , talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist it might be very helpful . goof luck because i know what you feel and trust me to me is the worst feeling in the world .

cheeseburger4me responded:
I feel just the same. I have a lot of anxiety problems and I often think I'm going crazy because I feel all these physical symptoms and think it must be something else. My family calls me a hypchondriac because I am constantly thinking I have a brain tumor or cancer or any number of possibilties. I also wonder about MS a lot... my Dad has it so that doesn't help my worrying. Mostly I think that when this happens its just the anxiety manifesting itself in our heads to make us think somethings wrong or that the anxiety is actually taking a toll on our bodies, I say this because when I am doing good with my life I don't get these crazy symptoms. Good luck to you

scorpio84 responded:
I feel the same way all of the time lately...I feel that no one can help me anymore. I was doing fine for the past year but my anxiety returned. It feels like I am going to lose my mind constantly with uncontrollable, irrational thoughts to the point where I feel dysfunctional. I work around people all day and I get so scared that I won't be able to go to work and hold the job. I am always feeling scared, nervous, confused, worried, selfless, dizzy, light headed, tense and short of breath. I also experience a lot of symptoms at once. I also feel like I am going to blank out all of the time. I don't even take any medicine for it because I am scared of that too. I always feel like I am alone as well and that no one understands it. I have had people get mad, annoyed and tell me that I am insane for thinking what I tell them. But at the end of each night, I always say to myself another day has passed and nothing has happened and I was able to function somehow! I also try to have faith in God and leave it in His hands for whatever is supposed to happen to me. I've been trying acupuncture, exercising more and trying to talk myself out of the thoughts I get. I think that going to a psychologist may help a lot because I used to go and I felt better after being reassured that I am normal and that there is someone there listening to me. Trust me you are not alone and everything will get better.

keepurheadup responded:
Hey everyone!!! Just thought I'd say I've been where you are right now... From the time I was 13 to 23 I had the worst anxiety ever, I felt like I was going insane like I was going to lose all control of my body and basically every single one of the symptoms you all are describing. Thru my teen years it was so bad my mom pulled me out of public school and I did correspondence school at home. I thought there was no help for me. Then a year ago I tried a something different to see if it would help my anxiety... I went to the chiropractor.... and guess what!!!! IT HELPED... now don't quote me word for word here but here the gist of how she explained it to me.... k your spine controls every part of your body, you nervous system and all.... If just one of you spinal disk things are out of wack it can screw up everyting.... including your adrenal glands....which is basically what anxiety attacks are adrenaline rushes that you can't control and come out of no where. Plus is you disks in your neck are a little wacked it can also give you that dizzy and funny feeling in your head. So I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it's worth a shot. I haven't had an anxiety attack in over a year since i started seeing the chiro... oh and it's not just a one time shot and everything is perfect a went and seen her twice a week for 2 months until everyting was starting to look real good. Now i just go once a month to make sure nothing slips outta place again. Hope this helps someone! And keep your head up!

BisonGurl responded:
Oh my goodness, it is so comforting to know that I am not the only one out there that feels this way. I started having panic attacks and severe anxiety about 2 months ago and every single day since I feel like I have no control over my body. I am always afraid I have some hidden medical condition and every little ache or pain scares me to the point where I start having an attack. I am sometimes even afraid to be alone because I worry something will happen and no one will be there to help me. I wonder sometimes if there really is something wrong with me but I am just telling myself it is my anxiety and really hiding a true problem. I am always light-headed and I feel like I am not in my own body and that I am going to pass out at any minute

Dr_Patricia_Farrell responded:
If you're taking a medication, some of them can lead to this type of reaction and so can panic. I'd suggest you talk to your doc, make sure everything is okay and then, if it's anxiety or panic, consider how you might get some help, initially, from a cognitive psychologist. If you need meds, that's okay, but also include the cognitive therapy.

benzsl responded:
I understand what you are feeling and share your pain. I am 41M with similar situation.that has caused me to go to ER room twice in last month! I had only (3) attacks with rapid heart beat in last year which Alprazolam helped, however, for the last 4 weeks I have been feeling a warm like sensation which starts at the feet, travels to the legs, and underarm area and even sometimes goes to the brain. Lasts for 20-30 minutes. Funny thing is I can set my watch to it since it only occurs between 6:00-9:00PM. Dr. claims it is anxiety. I had all kinds of tests done including EKG, complete blood count, x-rays, even CT scan oh heart for calcium and even wore a Holton monitor to monitor heart rate. Finally went to therapist who told me I am in great health and it is anxiety related. I tried Zoloft for almost 2-weeks and Dr took me off thinking that could have caused warm sesnation feeling in body. They are back now which is disapointing. I am to take Alprazolam 3X daily as needed which I try to avoid but usually take one in morning and early evening. According to my Dr, breathing is the key to reduce anxiety. During you day, when you have minimal stress, take 5 minutes and concentrate on the breathing. Just focus on breathing relaxed. Make yourself think of the ocean with every breath in and out. It sounds stupid but it has helped me.

funnybunny75 responded:
I thank GOD that I read your post. I too suffer from those from symptoms. Mine will start with me just, for example sitting on the couch and doing nothing, then from out of nowhere I get this surge all over my body. Like someone just came up behind me and went "BOO"! I then go into extreme panic and depression. I have racing thoughts, sweating palms, crying, feeling lonely and lost. I have been on several drugs and it seems none of them can make it go away for good. I even went so far as to have a hystorectomy because I was continually getting kidney infections. The doctor though because I had a fallen bladder they needed to lift it which also meant the hys- I do get the burning and aching muscles in my arms and kneck. My stomache is nausious and my back hurts. I cant lay down because of the panic. The racing thoughts and worry seem unbarrible. In this state I just want to die. My doctor did not want to give me ativan and had me try buspar. There was no relief. Usual panic lasts (so I've heard) a few minutes to hours. MIne lasts weeks to months. I have lost jobs due to this and watched my children suffer as well. I get to where I dont even want to send them to school. So no your not crazy, or well were all crazy:) If you need to tlk you can always write me and we will do it together. I know exactly how you feel.

bdm27 responded:
I am very glad I read this post - I feel like a lot of people who have answered, its so good to know that there are others out there. I am constantly afraid of dying in my sleep, that I have a brain tumor, that I have MS, etc. I went to the ER for a strange, warm tingling sensation feeling at the base of my head that traveled to my neck and head, and had a CT scan - everything is normal but i still can't help but feel scared. I really want to get back to normal again - I don't want to live in fear like this. I am taking klonopin when needed, but the thoughts are still there. Is there anything else I should be doing?

slets responded:
I have had all of the symptoms which you all have described. It comes down to generalized anxiety disorder. There has been one, and only one thing that helped me. It was the Linden Method. Read the pack, do exactly what is said, you will feel better. It really just helps you understand why you are feeling the way you feel and what you need to do to get better. I'm still not perfect and still have bouts of anxiety but I haven't had a panic attack since.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to GOD!!!!
There is no question that anxiety and anxiety disorders are in fact painful, and yet very natural occurrences in life. Unfortunately, they ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.