Skip to content
Xanax stopped working like it used to?
digi1234 posted:
For 3 years I?ve been using Lexapro and now Luvox 150 CR and 3mg of Xanax daily for anxiety attacks and minor OCD and depression. The generic Xanax (alprazolam) was working great and then suddenly it stopped working like it used to. I don?t want to go up on it and wondered what could cause that and if the Xanax name brand has been known to work better.

whatevertoday responded:
Hi. Its 4:00 a.m. and for some reason woke up and now I'm thinking and thinking and can't go to sleep. I just saw my dr. yesterday and told him I didn't think xanax was helping me. I was on it for almost 10 years or more.

So he gave me a perscription for Trazadone. I guess its supposed to help with anxiety. But I can't believe I woke up like this. Well, I can kind of, I toss and turn alot, but I was so tired so I thought I would be out until today in late morning.

Our minds seem to take over at some point. For me anyway. I have so much on my mind and it jumps from one thing to another. I think and think and it doesn't stop.

Lexapro is another med I take. I was falling asleep better, but it coincided with my neighbor being quiet in the middle of the night. Made a huge difference.

Good luck. Brand names vs. generics haven't made a difference in any meds I take. They work the same.

digi1234 replied to whatevertoday's response:
Thanks for the reply...good info!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.