Skip to content
Do I have GAD?
goinginsane30 posted:
For the past month I have been suffering with a lot of phscial symtoms such as muscle tension, twiches and aches. I been to the emergcey room twice and also to my primary doctor twice. I feel like I'm going crazy. Every day I am constanly axious and jettery and worried that I have a serious medical issue. I have been so worried that I scared myself into a panic attack. lately I have no energy and often feels tired. I just don't feel like myself. Please help!!!!!!!!!

DaysByDay responded:
I'm no doctor but am familar with anxiety disorders and typically people with GAD worry about everything money, social stuff, anything really. It defintely seems you have some sort of anxiety disorder and/or phobia of fearing to have it. You could also be suffering from panic disorder however which could be more likely to be your case. If you have thse physical symptoms then it's defintley real. I suggest you go see a phychiatrist who can correctly diagnose you with what your going through. They then can perscribe you medication to combat your anxiety and calm you. There are even medicines that can stop anxiety attacks. I would also suggest you get a therapist so you can work out the root of were this all started and techniques to calm yourself and take things in, in a new way. Your not alone with this alot of people suffer and I hope this helped.

alonealonealone responded:
You are not alone. Many, too many, people have similar experiences.

What has your doctor said? If you are not getting the help you feel you need from your doctor, maybe you could see another doctor or someone (psychologist, psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse, etc) who is very familiar with anxiety disorders and can be more helpful to you??

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.