Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Fear of flying
jpcbsb posted:
I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, which is accompanied with anxiety. I get really bad attacks when I am up high, and I have a huge fear of flying. I haven't flown for 12 years and I will be taking my first flight in 10 days. I don't have a doctor now because I have moved, but I am really scared and panicking now. What can I do? Can I see a new doctor now to perscribe me something for the two flights?

fiilfins responded:
I'm a frequent flyer, and lately it seems my little fears have blown out of control and just make me insane on every flight I have to take.

How to Increase Penis Size

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Since flying is so difficult for you and, in fact, you have avoided it for 12 years, and you have to fly soon, I would think that a physician would be willing to help with some type of medication for the flight. I would also suggest that you consider some behavioral therapy which is directed at fear of flying. This can work very well and does not take a long time to accomplish but 10 days wouldn't be sufficient right now.

I hope your flight goes well and that you do find you are able to take a plane when you wish.

karmaday responded:
I have a fear of flying to I think what it might be is you got to try something first to get out of this fear and the more you fly it can help you understand that everything can be all right

Cammi70 replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
Thanks for this reply. I also avoid flying and haven't in 19 years. I really need to travel to a certain place, and don't want to drive that far alone. None of the counselors or psycologist I have been to have offered this type of therapy. Where could I find this? I live in Birmingham, Alabama. Thanks.

f1adl; replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
Where can one find behavioral therapy programs for this?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.