Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
can anxiety make you have a low grade fever?
kateybrown92 posted:
I just wondering if anyone ever notices that their temperture goes up when they are anxious and if this is normal? my fever can go up to 99.9 when i feel very anxious and hot. most of the time its around 99.4. I was freak out when I take my temperture and i have a low grade fever thinking I have an infection but there are nights when my temperture goes up to at least 99.5. Is this normal or something to be worried about?

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Which seemed extremely close to the normal 98.6 to May, you might want to consult a physician. I'm not an M.D., but it doesn't seem that what you're experiencing is an indication of any type of infection. However, as I said, I'm not an M.D. and that is the person who has to make it a determination about this.

Sometimes when people get anxious, they do feel a flush and I would suspect that there probably is some kind of a small temperature spike. I don't know why this happens but it does happen in a number of people and you might ask your doctor about this, too.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

keep calm
taking it one day at a time helps me with my anxiety. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.