Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
something positive for once.
kateybrown92 posted:
alot of us with anxiety like to go on the internet and on this discussion board to learn about our symptoms, to talk with other people who can relate and try to figure out what is best to help us.. but i feel like that sometimes that can be a really negative thing. we try to find other people who are going through what we are and talk to other people to see how they are dealing with it.. there's so much negativity. we want to see other people who are struggling who have had success in dealing with their problems but it seems like all i see are people who are claiming that they have had anxiety for years and nothing works for them and they are completely hopeless.. reading things like this makes me feel so much worse. if i wasn't a positive person, those things would make me feel miserable and i know they are making alot of people on here feel hopeless like no one ever gets better from anxiety and they have to live like this forever. that is so NOT true because i KNOW there are so many people out there who have gotten over anxiety and are able to live healthy normal lives. just because there alot of people who still havent gotten better doesn't mean that they aren't any people out there who have gotten better.

this is not to bash on anyone who has written anything on here about how awful anxiety is making them feel or anything like that. i KNOW how anxiety can make you feel and i'm not trying to tell you that you can't post how your feeling on here.. all i'm saying is alot of us read what other people say and when there alot of negative things about anxiety.. it makes alot of people feel hopeless.

i just think that we all need to be positive! i know its very hard. but i want people to know that we don't have to live like this forever and hope is out there. if anyone has anything positive to say about anxiety or how they have gotten better, please share it. i hope this board can also turn into something where other people can share their success stories with anxiety, not just the negative things.

once again, sorry if i offended anyone because like i said.. this wasn't made to bash on the people who write on this discussion. i just want everyone to know that there is hope out there and i want to bring some positivity to everyone. the goal of this is just to make everyone feel better and help them know that just because alot of people struggle with this doesn't mean they have to struggle forever, and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

WadeP responded:
Thank you

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I know that there are many people who have struggled with anxiety and who have found ways to deal with it and to improve their lives as a result. We do have postings from people like this from time to time, but most people come here because they're looking for help. They want to be in that group that has discovered how to handle their anxiety and to make their lives better. I think all of us have to remember that and to try to contribute something to them that can make a difference.

I know what you mean when you said you didn't mean to "bash" anyone and I do believe you are sincere in wanting to see people get better and post when they do feel better. The thing is that most people may stop posting once they feel better and so they no longer need to come and post here. But they're still out there doing well.

I would encourage everyone to give us some positive posts whenever anything good happens and where they've managed to handle their anxiety.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.