Skip to content
celexa & buspar?!?
Nicko1129 posted:
have been taking celexa for anxiety for 4 months now. started at 10mg, then 20,then 30 then 40mg. now my dr. has me dropping back down to 20mg of celexa, and starting Buspar 5mg twice a day. has anyone used either of these seperately or together? any info would be great!

Steveult responded:
I taken Celexa several times over the years & worked well for me. The one problem was the lack of sexual intererst. Never tried Buspar.

vickieki responded:
I have taken buspar 15 mg daily for about a year now. I love it. My doc just stared me on 20 mg celexa and I feel worse than I did before. nausea, dizziness, cant sleep, very tired. did u have any of these problems?

dkrev replied to vickieki's response:
I am taking buspar 10 mg 3xs daily and it works great for me. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for many years. But would not admit it to my Dr. I finally gave in because of difficulty sleeping and being so tired. I feel much better, and I can sleep when I am tired.

NanaJ7 responded:
HelloNicko1129 I am no Dr...I am replying to your question of buspirone (15 mg) and celexa (20 mg) together once a day. I was prescribe the same thing except, I have been taking buspirone (15 mg) for 3 months now and feel better but was still having somewhat panic attacks.. My Dr. prescribe me Celexa (20mg) to go with the buspirone (15 mg) and break in half.. But the Pharmacist said I should break in half again to wean myself into the Celexa.. However, I take my buspirone @ 7:07 each morning and my Celexa around 12:00 noon.. I Have talked to 3 different Pharmacist, and all three said it was completly safe to take the two..Goes to show you can't read and believe all the negativity reports online.. I feel GREAT.. God bless you!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Lexapro
My dr. just prescribe me Lexapro.. i just feel nervous taking it. does anyone have any thoughts about it. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.