Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
panic attacks
CarlosDavid posted:
hello, i'am looking for some ones help or advised. i'am suffering from some type of panic attacks since may/2010, and since them i haven't feel good, there is days in which i feel good but most of the time i feel like nerveous, i feel that something might happen, i get cold and my hand sweety, my head doesnt stop thinking, bad thinks go through my head sometimes, i feel like crying some times, i dont like to be alone and i think that when i get older i would be alone with no family. recently i being doing the breathing exercise and that have help me a little bit, but still the feelings dont go away, i dont like this feeling can anyone help me. pls

ednaroberts1978 responded:
Hi.

I am very sorry that you are dealing with this. I know it is tough and something that is very hard to go through. Have you discussed this with your doctor? It sounds like you may have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have been dianosed with this since July 2009. I have many of the same issues that you do, always thinking and my thoughts are always negative. The constant worry and I tend to make problems bigger than they really are.

There are medications available to help with GAD, as well as Cognitive Bahavioral Therapy. Again, your doctor will be able to discuss medication options with you, and maybe refer you to a psychologist who can help with the therapy.

Don't give up, it's not easy and there is no real quick fix, but it can get better.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
You've indicated that this is a fairly recent event and it just began in May of this year. I'm wondering if you've been to see your doctor for a physical exam to see if there might be something which needs to be addressed. I think this needs to be done before anything else. However I am glad that the breathing exercise is helping a bit.

If everything turns out okay with your physician, then I would suggest you might want to have a consultation with a cognitive psychologist. This would allow you an opportunity to discuss things which are upsetting you, to begin to make plans for the future, and to learn new ways to cope with changes in your life. I think it could be very helpful. Please be sure that you get someone who is licensed and experienced.

I hope things do improve for you very soon and that you do see your doctor for that exam.

sunild1204 responded:
http://sunild1204.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/anxiety-panic-attack-gerdacid-refluxmucus-after-mealshort-breathing-heavy-breathing-phobia-imaginary-fears/

See if this helps.
Sunil

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.