Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Excessive coughing-mucus after eating/mucus after meals
sunild1204 posted:
Excessive coughing-mucus after eating/mucus after meals
===========================================
During Acidity /GERD I faced another issue. After each meal I started to spill out these small thick spits/or mucus which would last for around 1 hour after each meal. Guys this is really strenuous, as I was facing one problem after another.
I called up my doctor to find why this was happening and her first question was, did I had cough/cold recently?. I remembered yes just 1-2 days back I had this cough issue which has subsided without taking any pills as I was already on treatment for GERD/Ulcer. Now this is what happened as per my observation. During GERD treatment I had developed constipation problem which had probably caused my bowel movement to shut down and hence it looks like there was no way the excess mucus could get out of body so it was trying to come out through mouth.
My doctor suggested following antibiotics which would kills the mucus.
1)Tablet ZIFI 200 Mg (CEFIXIME tablets) 1-0-1
2) syrup Alex (Nasal,decongestion,Antialergic) 1-1-1 1-2 Tablespoon after meals

Guys in order to get rid of this issue you must make sure that you have god bowel movement and if for some reason not then please take help of LAXATIVEs to help you clean up your body /Bowel.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Actually, although this is interesting, this board is devoted to anxiety and I'm not sure that your post is really aimed in that direction. It's good that you were able to get some help with your problem.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi sunild1204,

This community is for anxiety, and panic disorders. WebMD has a community that will help answer your question: http://exchanges.webmd.com/digestive-disorders-exchange

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.