Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
*TRIGGER* Coping Skills for Anxiety?
BipolarDisorder2 posted:
------------------------------------------
TRIGGER
-----------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm kind of new on here (I'm more active on other boards), and I have Bipolar and I'm a Self-Injurer, AND I have anxiety. Just wondering if anyone has any good/proven coping skills for anxiety OTHER than medication? I'm already on Lithium and that's enough of a hassle as it is schedule/taking-wise and I'm not interested in taking more pills. I need something I can do in public or by myself to calm down when I have my ocassional anxiety attack.

Thanks much!

BipolarDisorder2

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Please review what we have on our Tips board because I think you will find things there (relaxation breathing for one) which can be very helpful and which you can do anywhere.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
Dear BipolarDisorder2,

Here is a link to Dr. Farrell's Videos which you may find helpful. You can learn breathing techniques and other stress-reduction tips.

Yours in health,

Byroney

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.