Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Obsessive thoughts
pugaboo posted:
I am not familar with chat rooms. But, I need someone to talk. I have been experiencing depression for the last 2 years. I've been off and on so many medications. I can't seem to shake them. They are affecting me and my family. I see my psychiatrist weekly. But, it seems the same advice over and over again. Is there anyone else out there or am I in a wrong site.
Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
This site is actually devoted to individuals with anxiety problems and there is a depression board which you will be able to find if you do a search here in both communities and discussions.

Since you indicated you see your psychiatrist weekly, I'm thinking that that person must be providing therapy for you and to this point you believe it has not been helpful. You may want to consider having some therapy with a cognitive psychologist and that is something that you need to consider. I don't believe that, as you said receiving the same "advice over and over again," would be very helpful if it wasn't helpful initially. Repeating the same thing without some additional interventions or changes would be not as effective as one would hope.
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear pugaboo,

Hello and welcome--I'm glad you found us. Dr. Farrell mentioned our Depression Community, so I'm giving you a link to it so you can try visiting there for more support.

Yours in health,


Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 78 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.