Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Panic over High places and bridges
slick123 posted:
I am at wits end. I don't know if life is worth living like this. I have had this for so long, and it seems worse all the time. I don't believe that I have anywhere left to turn. My wife was in the Hospital on the 9th floor, I could not get the strength to go up. Now, I am faced with this again. Why live like this? There is no hope.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear slick123,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling that you are feeling like this. I would encourage you to seek out help from a mental health professional in your community so that you can address these issues and start feeling better.

We also have a list of Crisis Resources that are available toll-free 24 hours a day.

I hope you will seek out the help and support you deserve,

Byroney

pamperedhen responded:
Dear slick123,
There is HOPE! There are resources at your reach and I encourage you to seek help. You can conquer this! Use all of the help that is available and think that YOU CAN AND WILL conquer this. I am terrified of heights, also! I have suffered for years with it. We can be free from it and it will be a dust in the wind. Look on Dr. Oz's Website today, he had a topic on fears and phobias. Wishing you all God's best! Blessings! You can do it!

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I know that what you're experiencing is very upsetting and I can understand that you feel somewhat helpless. However, this is not something that is permanent and there is a very effective treatment for this and I would urge you to find a psychologist in your area who deals with phobias.

I think you will be surprised at how quickly you can learn to overcome this and how you will be able to handle things better in the future. Life is certainly worth living and something like this should not stand in your way of enjoying everything that life offers.

You didn't Indicate whether or not the problem exists if you are alone or even with someone. Often, individuals who have this type of problem find that if they go up in an elevator with someone they know or even someone who agrees to just stand near them as the elevator goes up, they can do it. It's not something you would want to have to do all the time, but it might serve as an interim measure right now.

Please let us know how you're doing because we do want to know how you are.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Lexapro
My dr. just prescribe me Lexapro.. i just feel nervous taking it. does anyone have any thoughts about it. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.