Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Need Advice
sunflower1943 posted:
Am posting a 2nd time - what happened to first post I do not know - we were invited to a 65th birthday party - my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house - 5 hours from here.

For many years they have treated me bad and ignore me every time there is a social function. I told my husband I am not going - he said we are. I told him no - you go - I stay home.

He is now thinking about calling his sister to ask her what the problem is - this has been festering for many years and he's tired of. To my knowledge I have said or done nothing intentionally.

What advice would you give me - I hope this is not deleted again from the discussion board. I Need Advice and Seeking It Here - it is causing me great anxiety. Thank you.
Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I think it needs to be cleared up and the only way that's going to happen is for all of you to sit down to discuss it. No reason to remain in this state of limbo.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.