Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
So...
BabyjMiller posted:
I am new to this. I have had problems with anxiety since after my second was born in August of 2009. I got Mirena put in 3 months after, and my anxiety has went through the roof since. I hyperventilate to the point where i can't move. Have strange anxious thoughts that my husband is cheating on me, cause he works 60+ hours a week. And also had a few suicidal thoughts. I have no insurance for myself to see a doctor or Psychiatrist. Is there anyone out there with any advise to help me? Please.

Want2Relax responded:
You might consider looking for a Mental Health organization in your area. They will help you find the help you need for little to no cost.

Prayers for you. Anxiety is no fun and I wouldn't wish anxiety attacks on anyone.

I have found great help in some of the tips here on relaxing . I have found that with these relaxation techniques I can usually slow down my rapid heartbeat (which comes with my anxiety attacks) and it might help your hyperventilation.

Prayers for you and please do contact your local mental health association.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
You should be checking with your OB/GYN because some of your problems might be caused by the medication which is being released into your body. You should also look up the side effects for this medication in the PDR (Physicians Desk Reference).

I know you indicated that you don't have insurance, but it is very important that you do have a medical checkup and that all of this is discussed with a mental health professional. The fact that you are having suicidal thoughts and that you think that your husband is cheating on you are two things which could indicate a serious problem which needs to be addressed. Even if you have to go to a local mental health center or contact some local social service agency which can provide services for you, this must be done.

Please, as I said, look up the side effects for this medication and see if you are experiencing the ones that are listed.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear BabyjMiller,

I hope you follow Dr. Farrell's advice seek medical assistance right away. Here's a list of toll-free Crisis Resources, most available 24 hours a day.

Write back and let us know how you're doing,

Byroney

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.