Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
depo and fibromyalgia
An_240565 posted:
does depo provera cause fibromyalgia? I hear so many statements that say that it does cause it and i was on depo for 9yrs and have fibromyalgia for 6. please give me some answers or leads. I am extremely depressed and fatigued. help

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello An_240565 and thank you for posting. You're asking a good question, but I think it would be better if you re-asked it on the Fibromyalgia Community .

Are you seeing a rheumatologist? I'd encourage you to talk to your doctor or rheumatologist about your concerns. This article on the Causes of Fibromyalgia may be helpful, too.

Hope you get some answers soon,

Byroney

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I can understand your concern, however I am not an M.D. and I can't answer this type of medical question. This is out of my area of expertise and I would suggest that you seek information from whoever was providing the depo for you as well as do a search of the literature and check with your PCP for an appropriate referral. Since you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I'm assuming you are working with someone who is familiar with both the diagnosis and the treatment of this disorder.

I also understand that this must be causing you anxiety and it might be helpful for you to use some self-help techniques that we have in our Tips column. I would recommend that you view the relaxation breathing video and begin to use that technique throughout the day to help yourself lower your level of stress.

I hope things do improve for you very soon and that you get the answers that you need.

Dr. Farrell

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.