Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Dissociation Disorder
DebiSp posted:
What can you tell me about, dissocation disorder with panic/anxiety and agoriphobia? I would like to know if I am alone with dissociation disorder.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
The best place to get information about dissociative disorder with panic/anxiety and agoraphobia would be here in our resources files or you can go to NIMH.gov for more information on any aspect of mental health. There you will find pamphlets that you can download and other information which should answer many of your questions.

I'm sure you will be hearing from others on this board who have similar symptoms and who will tell you what has happened to them and how they have managed to handle their disorders.

You can also take a look at my website where I have a number of links to information on Anxiety, Panic and Therapy. The link is in my name below.

Dr. Farrell

Doxielover10 responded:
Hi,

I have every single one of the disorders you are referring to. Every single one is related to the other. A very anxiety provoking event occurs which frightens you so badly that eventually you start to disassociate, I have a PhD in disassociating, I've been doing it since I was a small child. There is no zoo in the universe that can come close to my family.

I was so incredibly anxious I had a bleeding duodenal ulcer at 15.Dr. Farrell is helping me so much with my horrible anxiety. Awhile back I broke out from head to toe in quarter size round bleeding sores, I mean in my hair, between my toes, everywhere. I had a biopsy at MD Anderson Hospital which in my opinion is the best Hospital in the world. The results of the biopsy was extreme, extreme anxiety. If you want the Latin term, let me know.

You withdraw into yourself, I was in the house for almost a year and today I did my blood test and went to lunch which I refused to do for a year.

For the time being, just try to relax by doing things you like. I put a humming bird feeder outside my window and I watch them. Most of all and in my opinion is a key, stay away from all negative situations and people.

Keep in touch
Allison.

DebiSp replied to Doxielover10's response:
In my opinion everytrhing is negitave

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.