Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How Do YOU Reduce Your Stress?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
April is Stress Awareness Month so I'm wondering what stresses you? What steps have you taken to ease some of those stresses? What are you learning about how to handle the stress that's in your life?

Share your experiences, challenges and tips and you may help others along with helping yourself.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jankearney123 responded:
I SEE THIS IS GOING OVER WELL CAPRICE????????

WHAT STRESSES ME IS HAVING TO MUCH WORK TO DO AND NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IT DONE.

WORK IN GENERAL IS STRESSING ME OUT!

I'M JUST TRYING TO DO MEDITATION AND PRAY IN THE MORNING AND EVENING. DO MY 12 STEP PROGRAM AND TRY TO REALIZE THAT IT WILL EVENTUALLY GET DONE WHEN I HIRE SOMEONE FULL TIME. WHICH WILL BE A GREAT THING!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to jankearney123's response:
Hi Fran,

It sounds like you have a good routine going. I hope things settle a bit with work so you can do some self care throughout your days too.

JanetM28 responded:
I admit I have a very poor way of dealing with my latest stressor--my adult son has falsely accused me of putting him in a mental institution when he was eight years old! I just try to put it out of my mind and do all the things I know how to do to bring my blood pressure down. What else can I do? He lives many states away, will not speak to me on the phone and and is just ot rational about this. I don't know where this came from all of a sudden, his brother backs me up in the fact that this never happened, so, I will just wait it out until he comes to his right mind again. But, in the mean time, I am upset. I know he is wrong, but I am really stressed because I don't know what caused him to think this about me.

poncho442 responded:
Stress can sometimes be debilitating. I like to throw up both hands and say, "REBOOT," and try thinking of something pleasant, such as snow skiing. If my mind keeps revisiting what is stressing me, I stop and pray; then get busy with tasks that keep me occupied mentally or go for a run/walk - taking in all of the beautiful scenery we call Spring.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to JanetM28's response:
Hi Janet,

I hope that he will eventually answer your questions and the two of you can work your way back to each other. I can only imagine how stressful this would be for you.

Aside from your other son, do you have any other support, professional or otherwise? How do you otherwise take care of yourself?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to poncho442's response:
I love the idea of 'Reboot', Poncho! It sounds like you have some good tools in battling stress.

pcarol responded:
I try to stay away from computers with passwords and nicknames when I don't have a nickname, etc.

jankearney123 responded:
NO TAKERS?

gonnafindaway responded:
I pray alot and when I get a few minutes to be outside I go. Fresh air helps more than you know . Also some exercise , I have a treadmill . I try to walk at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes.

rgbelle responded:
I don't think I have any stress but I started having panic attacks again.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to gonnafindaway's response:
I'm with you on fresh air and exercise, Gonnafindaway!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to rgbelle's response:
Hi Rgbelle,

I hope that being here, talking with others who share the same challenges, is helpful to you.

gonnafindaway replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Caprice I think we all need to have something we are doing daily as a strass relief and unfortunatley some turn to alcohol or drugs. The reality is life has become more stressfull. Gong to the store or getting gas can be upseting and lets not forget our jobs these days . do more with less! I have noticed in the past year the wait time at my psychiastrist office has tripled . And they need more parking . And unfortunatley peolple such as us develope these disorders. Its scary but the truth.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to gonnafindaway's response:
You made some good points, Gonnafindaway.

Thank you for all the support you've been offering others here. I hope that helps you as much as it helps them.

What do you do to reduce your own stress?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.