Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Is it anxiety??? :/
lovepeacehappiness05 posted:
Hi every1 i feel weak, lightheaded n i have this feeling of fear like if something is going to happen to me i can sleep so many negative thoughts going thru my mind i cant concentrate on anything.... i've had anxiety b4 i jst havent had it in a week or two jst wondering is it anxiety?

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Before we can know if this is caused by anxiety, medical causes must be ruled out and, for that reason, I always recommend that someone check in with their PCP for a medical exam. If everything turns out okay, then it is usually anxiety and it may be caused by stress. Certainly in today's economic environment, stress has become a major problem for many people.

We do have a number of things in our Tips column which I would suggest you review, particularly the relaxation breathing video tutorial. This is a simple exercise that you can learn to do quickly, will take just a few minutes and you can do it several times a day, anywhere you happen to be. It does work and I would suggest that you begin to do it after you have been cleared by your PCP. We also have exercise videos in our Tips column.

Exercise has been shown to be an excellent means of reducing stress, anxiety and depression and it can be done in a very simple manner, with no equipment. You will see that you can do exercise in your kitchen, in an office chair or almost anywhere else. Simple walking can be very useful as can walking up and down stairs.

I hope you do feel better very soon and that everything turns out fine with your PCP.

Dr. Farrell

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.