Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
HI, DR FARRELL
doxielover10 posted:
Life has become very uncomfortable since we last spoke. After my gland surgery at MD Anderson, it's been downhill from there. 2 VERY SERIOUS infections, liquid and blood all over the bed, my face, my mouth. My tongue was horribly infected, my tongue was bleeding and still is. After 2 go arounds with augmenten w/Amoxicillin at very high dosages with no results.

I kept falling, now I'm housebound again. Today I started crying and I have no idea why ? All day for no reason I would start to cry. Why ?

I wish I had friends here, being locked up 24/7 is no fun. My family is useless,
when Rick called my mother to tell her about my renal failure she said "Why are you calling me ?" Real nice.

A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
George Meridith

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I'm so sorry for what you're going through right now. I know this must be a very discouraging time and, when you don't get support from your mother, I can imagine that just makes things that much more difficult.

You certainly have every reason to feel discouraged and depressed right now, especially since you are housebound. Much as you may not feel like doing it, the thing to do is to try to turn your attention away from your physical problems and toward something that gives you some degree of joy. I don't know what this may be, but it could be something as simple as watching comedy on TV, a hobby that you enjoy and can do where you are right now or even writing your thoughts out into a journal. I believe this would be something that can be helpful and I hope you do find it to be so.

I know that everyone on this board who reads your posts will be wishing you well and that you do recover very soon.

Again, please continue to let us know how you are doing.

Dr. Farrell

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

The five most unexpected causes: Coffee, Water, Sleep, Exercise, Diet
I have this as well. I have noticed that these symptoms are at there worst when I have had sleep deprivation, too much coffee, have not ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.