Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Why Do I Start To Improve Then Crash ?
    doxielover10 posted:
    I've been struggling for quite awhile with severe anxiety. 3 Doctors have diagnosed me with PTSD after the nightmare my life has just turned into. Over the last few weeks, I start to cry but I don't know why ? My Doctors have discussed the severity of the breakdown I had. It was very severe, it took forever to recover, my body was covered head to toe with bloody sores from the anxiety.Given my personality I'm very anxious because I feel that recovery is too slow and I've become despondent. My husband has discussed trying to fix myself up or go for a walk with him, I cannot do either.We discussed going to a facility that caters to help people like me. I don't drink, smoke and have never taken an illegal drug in my life. The side effects from the drugs I do take are paralyzing me. I've been housebound for almost a year. HOW do I pull out of this, I have not gotten out of bed for weeks and the fear is so overpowering my entire body is vibrating, I'm terrified I'm going to get another breakdown. My family hates me, they do anything to get me upset, my mother is so vicious if I have to speak to her, I
    shake so violently , my speech becomes completely distorted. I have fallen 3 more times, smashing my face on the tile. I just started to see a cognetive Therapist, I hope he can help.

    A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
    George Meridith
    Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
    I understand and do recall your prior posts and the difficulties you have had. I'm surprised that you had not been referred to a specialist for PTSD and medication management, both of which I would think are highly recommended for you.#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

    The cognitive psychologist, I hope, does specialize in your particular difficulties and will be able to help. Regarding the medications that you indicate are having paralyzing side effects, that needs to be evaluated too by an experienced psychopharmacologist.

    As to your relationship with the members of your family, that is something that can be discussed with your psychologist. I believe that your husband too would want to be involved in your therapy since he can play a major role here.

    I hope things do work out well for you. Things are not going to turn around immediately, so please stick with whatever therapy is currently available and make sure that you ask questions and are actively involved in following through on any changes that you need to make.

    Dr. Farrell
    Anon_172784 replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
    Dr. Farrell,
    I was awake all night last night in tear, I don't know why ? The better part of your message did not come through.

    I very much want to hear what you have to say, you have already helped me so much.

    I'll wait for your message.

    Patricia Farrell, PhD replied to Anon_172784's response:
    I think that if you look again you will see the entire message posted above.#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

    I know how difficult it must be for you and you do need to sleep. I do see that there is some code in the message, but that may have been a link I had provided for my Sleep page on my website. My website's link, as you may know, is my name below.

    Please if you can find a cognitive psychologist who specializes in PTSD and a group for women with PTSD.

    I hope things improve for you very soon because I know what a struggle this must be for you.

    Dr. Farrell
    theanswerislove responded:
    I would recomend the Book " The Mindful path to self-compassion".

    Featuring Experts

    Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

    Helpful Tips

    Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
    Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    68 of 85 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.