Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Natural anxiety and depression remedies
tboetj7 posted:
I am currently taking St Johns Wort and Valerian for my depression and anxiety. But I am still getting symptoms. I still break down crying at inappropriate times and get horrible panic attacks. Please let me know about anything that has worked for you.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
One thing to remember is that herbs are not without side effects and St. John's Wort has some problems too. You might do a bit of research on the Internet about both of these herbs and see how they act on your body and what they do to your body's ability to process other medications or substances.#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

There are a few things that can help and which are in the area of self-help techniques and we do have them in our Tips column. In order to help you to immediately get some relief from some anxiety, please consider using our relaxation breathing video tutorial. Relaxation breathing has been found to be very helpful as has mild exercise.

Dr. Farrell

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.