Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
choking when I eat
An_247258 posted:
Does anyone feel like choking when you eat? Well Ive been struggling with this issues that comes & goes away (a whole cycle) I cant eat anything specially when Im home alone eating - Idk what else to do anymore & I dont wanna take meds for this ..

paralyzed responded:
me. I do this too sometimes. it feels like a ball in my throat and it chokes me and then it will pass--but sometimes takes a while

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I don't know what it might be and I would suggest you talk to your doctor about it. May be that you are not producing enough saliva, but I'm not an MD and you really do need the opinion of your PCP.#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

sickofsick52 replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
may be acid reflux, it caues more than people know. You start w/burning throat. Then the mac truck on you're chest. Then I laid down one night my stomach felt torched. Every tiny spot that can be considered my back was in unbearable pain, felt like forever. Then I'd have my head in the trash can. This happened a few times a month but w/out the burning. Then I had serious pain under the left rib, then the right. Dr discussed it w/other drs but they had no clue. When the right side started it came with the heartburn pain so I told the dr it was heartburn. If you start feeling bloated after a little food or drink, thats a non emptying stomach. Get to the dr right away or you get where you can't eat or expel anything. I got it from depression etc. We have the same chemicals in our stomach as our brain. Thats where the saying a gut feeling came from. So my stomach is a total mess. Sometimes I start to choke and I'm not even eating or drinking. It's very werid.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

keep calm
taking it one day at a time helps me with my anxiety. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.