Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
My Anxiety/ Panic Disorder with a hint of Depression. But is it really?
dianamommyof5 posted:
Threw my life i have had anxiety, which had alot of control over.....(not a problem) But just recently i woke up feeling...."not myself""disconnected with my body expierence" and i worked threw the day though it was very scary, the feeling just NEVER goes away, and its the most scary....if i had racing heart beat i can deal, if i had dizzieness alone i could deal, but the crippling "out of body" feeling and the constant feeling that im going to pass out, or "loose my mind " at any given moment has be very scared to do ANYTHING besides sit ina chair wondering if what im seeing is indeed what im really seeing....im sooooo afraid to take meds because of side effect, sheeeeesh i dont even like taking tylenol. Problem being i have 5 kids, and they are suffering i know the must be, i just wanna know if the symptoms im describing are indeed classified as Anxiety/Panic/ Depression. Though i dont even feel like it is ....ugghhhh this cycle of life is tooo much....Sometime i feel as though i lost my voice......cant speak....or understand.....and because of my feeling im terrified of going to sleep.....Sometimes i even feel as though my hands and feet arent mine, as well as my mouth and THAT ONE IS A BIG ONE.....NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT ....ive lost alot of wieght because of jus that reason.....smh Please help with some advice....And yes i have already contacted my PCP

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
The first thing you need to do is get a medical exam because some of this may be caused by a medical change that can be treated. If it is anxiety, it may be because of stress that has built up. Having 5 kids is no easy task and you may be a bit burned out from everything you have to do. #next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

If it is anxiety related, and it may well be, you can also try some self-help such as relaxation breathing (see our Tips column for a video tutorial on this) and mild exercise. I know that when I say "exercise" you think you can't do it, but it's as simple as walking in place while you prepare dinner or do the dishes. No equipment, no anything, just walking. Also, try to get out and do something for yourself. Yes, this may be difficult, too, but life has to be a balance of things and taking care of yourself is one of them.

I hope things do improve very soon for you.

KH078 responded:
It's so nice to hear that someone else experiences feelings like this. They are scary as ever and I know exactly what you mean. The feeling like you're not in your own body, feeling like your hands/feet aren't yours and not being able to eat. I have an anxiety/panic disorder myself and I have no idea if this feeling is related to it but it feels scary in and of itself.

dianamommyof5 replied to KH078's response:
Hey hunny, maybe one day we can chat personally about our symptoms.. id love to talk to someone who suffers from the same symptoms as myself, please get into touch with me, dianakennedy112985@gmail.com.Thanks so much

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.