Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
panic attacks return
mssadeyes posted:
have been on 20mg of citalopram for about a month now. my panic attacks went away at first but now i recently have been getting mild opanic attacks... what should i do????

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Medication isn't the only answer for panic attacks and I think that both lifestyle changes and some work with a cognitive psychologist would be helpful.

For self-help, take a look at our Tips column and watch the relaxation breathing video. It can be very helpful and see what simple exercises you can do.

Dr. Farrell

mssadeyes replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
yeah i would go see a psychologist but dont have the money for that and i dont think they have ppl that do that for free

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.