Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Brain Decay?
Mrwannabe posted:
Recently, over the summer, at my fathers for the summer, i began waking up in the middle of the night(this also started a little bit earlier) a numbness would follow waking up, it would cover the left side of my body and i'd shift around, as quickly as i could, sometimes shooting up off of my bed. Since then, my ability to recall information is, well, frustrating, i'm now making little mistakes with detail i've always oboxiously followed to the letter. I stopped waking up in the middle of the night, but now, i sometimes get the feeling of pressure in my head; i am unable to tell if it was a stroke, or a concussion(i believe you can get that from a headache; i think i might have high blood pressure and i was working hard lately, which would explain the "headache concussion") please answer. I've stressed about this for a long time-months.What was and/or is wrong with me?

doxielover10 responded:
On Monday, get an appointment with a Neurologist.

A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
George Meridith

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I'm not an MD and I think you need a medical exam, especially if you believe you have hypertension. It's the only way you will know if there's something that needs to be addressed medically. Ischemic events, often called mini-strokes or small nerve events in the brain, can present problems.

Please have an evaluation and, if everthing turns out pretty much ok with the medical, consider a neuropsychological exam to address your problems with recall and making mistakes.

Mrwannabe replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
thank you

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.