Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Anxiety
natedogg1990 posted:
Hello i know this post is 4 years old but i have just stumbled upon it. I am a 21 year old male and i am feeling all of the symptoms of what everyone else is descrbing. I too like many others believe that i have ms or some other debilitating disease and am convinced doctors have missed something because things just keep changing. My fear started when i smoked marijuana (just once) it was a hot day and me and my friend decided we thought we'd try it out and i had a very bad experience i felt like i was going crazy i lost control of my arms and legs they went heavy then i had an obe (outer body experience) i was fine after but a month later i felt the same feeling i did then however i had taken no drugs and was in an exam. I had to leave my exam and was ill for a few days. Got told it was a virus and eventually got better with my lighteaded/dizzyness except other things kept happening. I felt like my eyes weren't connecting with anything and my head felt hazey and dizzy i also had irrational thoughts about death and other people dying. I thought i wouldnt make it to the end of last year! but here i am now and it hasn't been easy tbh i feel like every time i do something i'm gunna have an obe and it sends me into a massive panic. I've convinced myself i've gone crazy or something isn't right in my head because my arms dont feel like they are mine. When i look at them they just feel lifeless as though i'm not controlling them even though i know i am there is just no connection between my brain and my limbs. I was exercising the other day just out for a mild run in the sun and my arms started going heavy like i couldn't life them anymore and my eyelids started to drop like i had no control just like the feeling when i smoked marijuana. I had to stop and let myself calm down before running again! it happens a lot swimming too i just feel like i'm going to collapse and my eye lids drop and my arms get heavy, my vision also distorts too! i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this at all and can help me believe i'm not crazy or give me a definition as to what is happening because my doctor just believes i am a hypchondriact who believes they have everything under the sun! i'm scared to go back and talk about it as i feel now thats on my records they tar me with the same brush and put it down to that. I just need some re-assurance and help from a person who doesn't know me and can give me honest advice.
Any suggestions welcomed

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I know this must be very upsetting and that's understandable. But the one thing that most people don't understand about marijuana is that 1) it might be laced with something and 2) its active chemicals are stored in the body fat and, possibly, bone so that it leaches out over time. This may be what is happening to you right now. That's plain, straight forward pharmacology for anyone who has ever studied it. I don't know if you told your doc, but they should know this.

Should you continue to believe that you are not receiving the type of treatment you require, a second opinion is always an option.

Dr. Farrell

natedogg1990 replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
I dont think my doctor really cares anymore! Once I said I'm a slight hypochondriac he just labels it all down to that! What can I do to help myself get away from this? Any help would be much appreciated! Even If it is minuscule

sickofsick52 replied to natedogg1990's response:
change dr's and don't say that again.

Patricia Farrell, PhD replied to natedogg1990's response:
If a healthcare professional is not listening to your concerns and has their mind set on seeing you in only one way, you are a consumer who has a right to change providers. Get a second opinion. You do have power here.

doxielover10 replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
I have never taken an illegal drug in my life. However three of my friends in college committed suicide after taking illegal drugs which I will not reveal. One was hallucinating and we were never told what the other 2 ingested except to say it was laced with cyanide. My brother had 4 friends at a party who all died from drugs laced with rat poison . I grew up in a very affluent area, most of the homes were valued between 5 to 10 million dollars. Mom and Dad would hand over 20,000 dollars to a 15 year old to last so they could go to Europe.

Every night was party time, most of the homes were on a lake. Children (As far as I'm concerned 15 is a child) . Homes were on a cliff for view of the lake, everyone had a thick rope to swing and jump into the lake. You can imagine someone shooting heroin and thinking they could pull this off.

I could write 20 pages on here about the INCREDIBLE DANGER of taking drugs, I do not understand intelligent, educated people who could have a productive happy life, throw it down the toilet. My advice would be to ditch the idiot doctor you are seeing and go to the best Neurologist you can find. PLEASE DO IT !!!

A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
George Meridith

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

The five most unexpected causes: Coffee, Water, Sleep, Exercise, Diet
I have this as well. I have noticed that these symptoms are at there worst when I have had sleep deprivation, too much coffee, have not ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.