Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
anxiety
An_247815 posted:
Hi. I have a panic/anxiety disorder. There has been alot of stress lately and it has surfaced again with me taking my 10 mg of Paxil, that would usually control it pretty good. With this flare up I have alot of weakness in my arms and legs. I was wondering if this is normal. I have in the past had dizzy spells and panic feelings. This time it is weakness, dizziness, offbalanced and panic/nervous feelings. They come on suddenly but especially if I seem to get in a hurry or in a busy place like Wal-Mart.

ang2962 responded:
I also cannot convince myself that it is just anxiety and not something more serious. I try to convice myself by telling myself that I have done this before. Actually everyday for the past 2 weeks this time and that if it was something more serious then I would be a goner by now. Even though I know this I still cannot shake the fear of it being something other than my anxiety. If you experience any of the same symptoms please share them.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Check with your doc, but it sounds like your stress is taking control and causing these symptoms.

Some lifestyle changes may be helpful and I would also suggest that you begin to do relaxation breating (we have a video tutorial in our Tips column) and, if your doc agrees, some mild exercise. Exercise doesn't have to be more than walking in place in your home or office and taking the stairs whenever possible instead of elevators. We have exercises on my website's Videos page at http://www.drfarrell.net and I think those will help, too.

I hope things do improve for you very soon.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

MRI/ NECK PAIN
I AM LEAVING WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS I HAVE HAD HIP AND NECK PAIN WENT TO GET A MRI THEY SAW LESSIONS ON MY BRAIN I HAVE MS BUT IT DOES NOT ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.