Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
what the **** is going on with me
LordOfThePannicks posted:
[TRIGGER] used to be an alcoholic and a canabis addict, then a close relative died when i was coming off the alcohol.. for some reason then i started to get very pannicky and anxious but i thought it was just withdrawels but clearly not as its now 8 months later.. iv been diagnosed with health anxiety.. im always thinking i have cancer or brain disease and i pannick about 5x a day im paranoid to leave my room or go outside incase i pannick outside, i wont meet new people forsome reason im scared and tend to go all off balance etc when i meet them cause i feel awkward.. i think i have vertigo aswell because when i stand up i go off balance i feel like im on a surfboard on the water trying to keep my balance sometimes. iv had a couple drinks recently on special occasions and now i get major hangovers with even worse pannick and anxiety i feel im dying always lookin at myself in the mirror to see if im normal etc i get random pains everywere at difrent times in my body which freaks me out and i keep going numb and convincin myself its a stroke or heart attack i was rushed to hospital about 25x in 3 weeks... wtf is wrong with me ???

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Substance abuse is usually a sign that there's some discomfort in a person's life, whether it's about themself or their situation, it's anxiety that you're trying to self-medicate with these substances.

Coming off marijuana, especially after prolonged use, is difficult and may be prolonged because the active ingredient in marijuana is stored in the body fat. That means it comes out gradually, not completely so that you are clean in a week or two. It takes time and being without it can lead to higher levels of anxiety. I'm not a substance abuse psychologist, but I would think that's who you need to treat you and you do need treatment. This isn't something that I would recommend you do without professional help.

Please get a referral to an experienced professional.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to GOD!!!!
There is no question that anxiety and anxiety disorders are in fact painful, and yet very natural occurrences in life. Unfortunately, they ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.