Skip to content
Anxiety/Panic attacks/depersonalization HELP PLEASE
An_248003 posted:
Hello, I am 22 and have been suffering panic attacks and anxiety since I was 18 years old. Anxiety and depression run in my family, so that's why I have it. It's only been getting worse since I was 18 and for some reason these past couple weeks it's the worst it's ever been in my life. I constantly am feeling weird, like the world around me isn't real. Like things are 2d, etc. Basically the same that everyone else with depersonalization feels like. These feeling always cause me to have a panic attack. And these feelings can last 2 minutes, to all day, to a few days. They don't really ever end. I've become a homebody. I don't go anywhere really, except lately I started working out. I've changed my eating habits, quit smoking cigarettes and stopped drinking but I still feel terrible. So my question is... Should I start taking medication? I have no health insurance and work a minimum wage job.. so no money for therapists. It's basically medication, or feel this miserable the rest of my life..

bbwlover1975 responded:
well if you sound pretty down like myself!!! i have been there the pain maybe you need someone too talk with!! need someone too chat with hit me back trick_or_treat_420@yahoo.com

or you can contact on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kenny.masters.5 look for the name albert wesker ~kenny~

ZackReed82 responded:
I can relate with the depersonalization feelings which can accompany or seemingly trigger anxiety. It's definitely a very odd feeling which seems for me to be very visually triggered. Like looking at my arm or hand can suddenly give me a very strange out of body feeling. Unfortunately i don't have any answer for you as to how to quell these feelings, just wanted to respond to you to let you know your not alone.

katieeq replied to ZackReed82's response:
Ive been looking up how to do CBT therapy for yourself. Here: http://www.anxietybc.com/sites/default/files/adult_hmpanic.pdf

This is what im gonna start using.. it has exercises to MAKE yourself feel symptoms of a panic attack, including depersonalization.. like staring at your hand for 3 minutes, and charting your anxiety. Pretty much make yourself feel something you avoid feeling, to realize it doesn't cause you harm.
I think Im gonna follow exactly what it says and see if I start improving.
It is all in your mind and only you are the one that can change it.. Wish me luck!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.