Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Sudden memory loss after anxiety attack
ArmySpec_80 posted:
9/24/2012 I was on post at Fort Bragg Nc and suddenly started seeing spots in my peripheral vision and some in my forward focus. Now, I am having problems remembering big events in my life and I don't feel necessarily bad or feel as if I need a visit to my doctor. However, this is day two and it seems to be worse and I feel sluggish. I'm a 31 yr old male in the army so I'm in descent shape. I have hypertension and severe anxiety after multiple deployments to combat. I also suffer from severe depression and I have researched the theory of Depression memory loss, but I'm still skeptical about what I've read. I know I can't write in my entire med rep but I hope maybe I could see if this has happened to anyone else.
Thank you,
Army-Spec

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
You need to be checked out by an MD because you have hypertension, probably too much stress and the vision problem needs to be evaluated. Please do this ASAP.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Lexapro
My dr. just prescribe me Lexapro.. i just feel nervous taking it. does anyone have any thoughts about it. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.