Includes Expert Content
I don't know what's going on with me at all.....
nikkibell2028 posted:
[TRIGGER] Okay, so I'm a 20 year old female, when I was 12 I was in school and the teacher was reading a book about a young boy who had an airplane wreck and later in the book he tried to kill himself by cutting his wrist. The way they described it made me feel bad, I ended up passing out and apparently I acted out what I did in the mini-dream I had during it, which was shouting something and reaching my arm out, then I fell on the floor unconscience but still feeling like volts/shocks through my body. Which was odd it happened after that because I was actually a cutter and am okay with blood. Then when I was 14 I got blood drawn for the first time, I passed out before she even pulled out the needle. Which was normal passing out so not much to think about that besides I don't like needles. But after being 18 I got pregnant, went through the whole pregnancy getting blood drawn and was perfectly fine. But just recently I was getting blood drawn and the lady took the needle out and proceeded to tell me how my vein rolled. I then felt dizzy, laid down but before I made it all the way down I passed out, again had a dream and felt the volt/shocks through my body and clenched my teeth together so hard the bottom row hurt the next day. I was told this is probably a phobia of needles and in result having a major panic attack. I don't know if this is what this is at all but I know it's not the most typical symptoms. I need help figuring this out. =/

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
It would seem it's anxiety, but since you said you had been/or continue to be a cutter, you need an evaluation. I don't know if it was a panic attack or not because you've already had this happen twice while hearing about blood-related things. It may have been something else.

Please have an evaluation with a psychologist.