Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
I don't know what's going on with me at all.....
nikkibell2028 posted:
[TRIGGER] Okay, so I'm a 20 year old female, when I was 12 I was in school and the teacher was reading a book about a young boy who had an airplane wreck and later in the book he tried to kill himself by cutting his wrist. The way they described it made me feel bad, I ended up passing out and apparently I acted out what I did in the mini-dream I had during it, which was shouting something and reaching my arm out, then I fell on the floor unconscience but still feeling like volts/shocks through my body. Which was odd it happened after that because I was actually a cutter and am okay with blood. Then when I was 14 I got blood drawn for the first time, I passed out before she even pulled out the needle. Which was normal passing out so not much to think about that besides I don't like needles. But after being 18 I got pregnant, went through the whole pregnancy getting blood drawn and was perfectly fine. But just recently I was getting blood drawn and the lady took the needle out and proceeded to tell me how my vein rolled. I then felt dizzy, laid down but before I made it all the way down I passed out, again had a dream and felt the volt/shocks through my body and clenched my teeth together so hard the bottom row hurt the next day. I was told this is probably a phobia of needles and in result having a major panic attack. I don't know if this is what this is at all but I know it's not the most typical symptoms. I need help figuring this out. =/

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
It would seem it's anxiety, but since you said you had been/or continue to be a cutter, you need an evaluation. I don't know if it was a panic attack or not because you've already had this happen twice while hearing about blood-related things. It may have been something else.

Please have an evaluation with a psychologist.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Lexapro
My dr. just prescribe me Lexapro.. i just feel nervous taking it. does anyone have any thoughts about it. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.