Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Irrational decisions feeling lost and anxiety
An_248065 posted:
I am in my thirties and have been thru alot....not to say everyone hasn't . but I am divorced, have had abusive relationships..mental,physical,and emotional. I have found my self with racing thoughts, loss of things that make me happy. emotional ups and downs. I also make quick decisions and then feel like i made the wrong decision and feel like my heart is racing. Feeling of being lost and not belonging here. no its not suicidal just feeling like theres something missing . i also just had a misscarriage about two months ago. can any one help

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage and your many difficulties. I hope that your OB explained to you that a miscarriage is just like having a child in that it may predispose you to postpartum depression and mood changes with anxiety.

I am not an MD, but I think this has to be a consideration for some of what you're experiencing now, but I also think that you would benefit from cognitive therapy. As you said, you've been in relationships that were abusive, made impulsive decisions and have problems with racing thoughts. Please consider finding a licensed, experienced cognitive psychologist for an evaluation.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Embracing Today
Hello All, With each day that GOD gives us, lets view it as a day of opportunity to begin to embrace self in all forms. Today is the day of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.