Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
cam some give me advice
An_248120 posted:
just woke up from this awful nightmare...im laying here with a clear mind then all of a sudden i have this drem about my son, daugther, fiance' , and me trapped in my house,,,ok so its this spirit that i see sitting at the bottom of my steps...i run upstairs past her to check on everyone...my baby boy just keep crying and crying and crying, my daugther is just standing in the hallway asking me whats wrong..but i couldn't answer her...so i peep out my bedroom window,,to see 8 spirits digging for 4 graves....i run back down stairs and the spirit that was sitting at the bottom of my stairs stood up aand said your time is coming...so i tried to run back up the step and something .. i dont know like a dark mist grabbed my ankles and im still trying to get to my bedroom.. but i could'nt...but when i woke up i found myself calling out to my fiance'...about the tenth gtime i called him he heard me...my body was so stiff and it felt like me feet were on fire....can someone explain to me what does this mean? i always have terrible dreams to whereas though i am getting hurt or dying

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
As far as I know from my readings, nightmares are caused by two things; medications and the brain getting rid of the clutter of the day. In the process, it seems our minds want to "make sense" of this incoherence and it concocts stories that can be pretty upsetting. Elements from the day may be included to glue it all together as well as any sensations that our bodies are experiencing such as a leg pain or bed covers too tight, etc.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.