Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
morning fast heart rate
sindysue posted:
your morning is identical to mine only it happens in the middle of the night when i turn over or move doctors do not help

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
When you say that "doctors do not help" do you mean that any meds they have suggested/tried have not resulted in relief? I think it might be helpful to try a bit of self-help and see how that might work for you.

Please see our Tips column for the relaxation breathing video tutorial and begin to use it whenever you might need it. It may be the way to help your body respond and begin to slow down. See how it works for you.

sindysue replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
what i mean is the doctors run tests heart cath i havee mild pulmonary hypertension been on revatio 3 times a day cartia once a day wont see the cardiologist for three months was told if it didnt work in 2 weeks not to take it left it at that family doc and cardiologist werent too concerned this started 6 yrs ago

Patricia Farrell, PhD replied to sindysue's response:
Ok, then it seems you do have 2 medical professionals watching your issues.

symptoms havent changed i dont know if i should see some one for anxiety or panic attacks at first i was being treated for them with medicine none helped i dont know if i should think about this again comfused

Your docs have coordinate their treatment and they should be advising you regarding what other evaluations or professionals should be consulted on this. Certainly, this is a matter that requires expert treatment.

thank you for all the help you have given me

I hope things turn out well for you.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.