Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
NIGHTMARE
doxielover10 posted:
Yesterday and today was one of the worst days of my life. I have not been feeling well, one of my molars is abcessed and it really hurts. The dentist said he could not touch it until the infection is gone. He gave me an antibiotic which I started, the next day I was so sick I had to sleep on the bathroom floor for two days vomiting and diarrhea so bad it was like a faucet had been turned on.I got in the shower and on my way out I slipped and almost fell, I hit my head. Dr. Farrell knows what happened to my Dad, my mind started flooding with pictures of that and I got hysterical. Rick ran in and he said he had never seen ANYONE shake like that, I could not walk, trying to talk was stuttering,
I felt sick, I got a migraine.. For the rest of the day I was shaking uncontrollably, I got manic which has not happened in more than a year.

I went to see my internist today because I was hysterical that I was having another nervous breakdown, I was not. Being my typical type A Personality I asked to stop at the drugstore. I started looking for a really good cream, ever since lithium killed my thyroid my skin is like sand paper. Someone told me to get goat's milk. I started to walk and thought I was going to pass out, I started sweating, my vision got cloudy, I was vibrating. I reached a chair and sat down. A doctor came over and said my lips were cyanotic, my reflexes were abnormal, my eyes were abnormal. I thanked him profusely and he walked me over to Rick and said WATCH HER. I thought I was doing so well, I guess not.

A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
George Meridith

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Some antibiotics can have this kind of side effect and your doc needs to take this into consideration when something is ordered for you.

I hope you're feeling better now.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.