Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Includes Expert Content
    Work and Anxiety
    An_248393 posted:
    I recently had a bad bout of anxiety and panic attacks. I saw my doctor frequently and changed my medication. I decided to have my doctor wrtie my employer a note so that there was awareness of what I was going through. In August, my doctor took me off work for a week. When I returned to work, I was "let go." I worked a very small organization ....only 2 full-time employees. I believe if I worked for a larger business this would have been considered "wrongful termination." My question is.... Is there ANYTHING I can do??? I am receiving unemployment, but I liked my job and miss working.

    Any suggestions/ideas are welcomed. Thanks!
    Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
    I'm sorry but this is outside my area of expertise. What I do understand, however, is that you may not be covered by fair labor practices because your company is not within the needed number of employees.

    Don't know if you have any recourse for medical discrimination. You may want to consult a labor attorney or local labor board.

    Featuring Experts

    Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.